Our Team leader training supports the development of new, experienced or potential supervisors and team leads.
Specifically designed to help team leaders focus on how they can be more effective and productive in their role, leading their teams to be the best they can be. Our driver is to help build skills and confidence in the participants who attend the team leader training.
‘First in Line’ team leaders are key to the performance of a department, function or organisation. They manage the day to day, and have a huge impact on both performance and motivation. Often team leaders understand their responsibility to deliver their Key Performance Indicators, but don’t have the opportunity to explore with their peers how best to go about that.
Suitable for both new and established Team Leaders, our Team Leader Training provides a good mix of theory and practical application so that everyone will have something fundamental to take away after each session.
We can also adapt this for your potential team leaders so that they fully understand the role and help them think through their approach to this key role.
Intelligent Dialogue Team Leader Training
‘Discuss and Do’ is a major theme of our Team Leader Programmes. Action plans are reviewed each session, helping participants develop, grow and put their learning into practice.
During an Intelligent Dialogue team leader development programme we work with team leaders to build on their achievements, and offer the opportunity to analyse and review progress in terms of managing their team.
We help participants explore where their style will work for them, and where their style may be counter-productive; helping them to hone their approach depending on their team, their work and their challenges.
All our programmes are highly practical and experiential, but we also provide space for reflection, to strengthen the team leadership skills and approaches necessary to be an effective team leader:-
- the difference between managing and doing, between leadership and management and what that means for your team
- the focus of your role, and the impact that has on your team – what’s the example you set?
- understanding your own strengths and development needs as a team leader
- examining the challenges you face and the impact they have on you as a people manager
- managing workload, productivity and time management
- understanding your team and their culture
- motivating the team and individuals
- impactful team meetings or making the most of the daily huddle
- managing upwards – building your relationship and credibility within the organisation
- understanding the art of reflection – why it’s important and how you and your team will benefit
- seeking support – how, where, why, when, who – why it’s a strength not a weakness
- understanding the need for feedback – how it can benefit you
- dealing with stress and pressure
- rewarding yourself for success and recognising success when it happens
Team Leader Training – what participants say
“The mix of discussion, theory and practical exercises was great. The training has helped me to free up time to take a “helicopter view” of my role, my team and the company to improve our performance. Enlightening, fun, very worthwhile.”
E.S. Telesales Manager
“Best course of its kind.”
V.C. Finance Manager
Tailored to you
If you are interested in developing your team leaders, then let’s have a conversation. Once we understand what you would like to achieve, we can out line our approach to your specific requirements.