Contact Centre Team Leader Training Programme
SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO HELP TEAM LEADERS FOCUS ON HOW THEY CAN BE BOTH MORE EFFECTIVE AND PRODUCTIVE IN THEIR ROLE, LEADING THEIR TEAMS TO BE THE BEST THEY CAN BE.
Each module focuses on the critical areas where Team Leaders need to be effective. It is full of practical ideas and insights to help participants develop themselves and their teams. Every module includes a learning review, helping participants reflect on the key things that they can do immediately to be more effective in their role, and an action plan to transfer that insight into practice.
‘Discuss and Do’ is a major theme of this Team Leader Programme. Action plans will be reviewed each session, helping participants develop, grow and put their learning into practice.
Suitable for both new and established Team Leaders, this programme provides a good mix of theory and practical application so that everyone will have something fundamental to take away after each module.
BEING AN EFFECTIVE TEAM LEADER
What makes an effective Contact Centre Team Leader?
This module helps participants focus on how they spend their time, focus and energy and how they can be more effective. It’s really useful for those Team Leaders who find themselves bogged down in the day to day of escalations, answering knowledge based questions, and fixing problems.
It also helps participants think about their role in the team, and how they can establish their own personal authority as a Team Leader (in a good way).
- Your role as a Team Leader
- Your personal development needs
- What you need from the Programme in terms of support and challenge
- Where do you spend you time as Team Leader?
- Developing you focus on the things that will make a difference
- Your role in managing people / process / task
- Your communication and leadership style and what that means for you and your team
- Developing flexibility in your leadership style
DEVELOPING THE RIGHT TEAM CULTURE
A practical day focusing on team culture, high performing teams and how your leadership can affect that. With a focus on communication skills and where you spend your time so that you can make a difference
- Reviewing progress since Module 1
- Mapping your team performance, its purpose and getting buy-in for that
- People engagement and the quality of your conversations with your team
- What motivates and demotivates individual team members
- Learning and development in well being and motivation
- Running fun and effective team meetings
- Motivation – how to motivate your team
- The role of praise in motivation
THE TEAM LEADER AND TEAM PERFORMANCE
Here we explore KPI’s and the team leader’s role in influencing performance in each of these areas. This focuses on the practicalities of monitoring performance, getting to the heart of any issues, and developing robust ways to improve performance
- Reviewing progress since Module 2
- Your role in team performance
- KPI’s and what that means for you
- Monitoring performance and trouble shooting
- Discussing performance with your team
- Customer focus in your team
- Managing escalations and difficult customers
- Developing the skills and confidence of the team to resolve issues
- The voice of the customer as a tool to build engagement
THE TEAM LEADER AND 121’S
- Having quality one to one conversations with your team
- The locus of responsibility in 121’s (your natural style and how that might impact the effectiveness of 121’s)
- Giving constructive feedback
- Encouraging a change of behaviour as a of feedback
- Contracting with individual team members
- Creating a safe environment to discuss coaching needs
- Building trust
Having difficult conversations
- About performance, attitude or behaviour
- Ensuring clear action plans
- Following up after 121’s
Originally developed for Call North West, here’s some of the comments we’ve had from people who attended the programme
“Excellent trainer; excellent packs, excellent ideas”
“Great course, great trainer and a great experience”
“Great! Interesting & Fun! Really enjoying learning”
“Perfect, This is an amazing programme for both experienced and new Team Leaders”
“Excellent, Diane is really engaging, and the information is very useful and relevant”
“Really useful, interesting and insightful”
“Really useful for my role”
“Great! Informative, focused”
“A lot of valuable information that is easy to retain”
“Very good trainer, delivered training to a high standard and answered all our questions”
“Thank you very much, really informative; would recommend to all”
“A great experience to build the team leaders of today into the senior managers of tomorrow”
If you’d like to run this programme for your contact centre team leaders, or attend an open programme, then get in touch now.